Supporting Enterprise Information Management
How does MAIS support Enterprise Information Management?
MAIS supports enterprise administrative applications using a “Performance Support” methodology guided by industry best practices and lessons learned from past enterprise system implementations. This methodology addresses communications, change management activities, and training materials.
A Performance Support team is created within MAIS to act as nucleus of support for an enterprise system. The team ties together the key components required to maintain a system long-term and connects to other systems’ Performance Support teams, to ensure that systems within the enterprise integrate appropriately and efficiently.
A Performance Support team works closely with other key groups, such as Office of University Development, MAIS Communications Team, and the DART Project Team, in order to:
- Draft preliminary planning documents
- Research training content
- Build training materials
- Draft change management materials for system-related presentations
- Draft system-related communications messages.
- Circulate all documents for review to key stakeholders
- Manage the Performance Support plan to track the timely completion of all materials and escalate issues or risks as appropriate
- Coordinate the publication of finalized materials
- Serve as a liaison to the MAIS Communications Team on communications activities
- Serve as a liaison to the MAIS MyLINC Team on MyLINC Catalog creation activities
- Serve as a liaison to the MAIS Help Desk on training and end user support activities, and train Help Desk staff