Training Waiver Policy
To ensure that faculty and staff have the knowledge to use the systems correctly, training is required before access is granted. Requests for Training Waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis, by reason of previous work experience or prior M-Pathways or PeopleSoft training.
NOTE: Not all training waiver requests are approved. For example, requests for Training Waivers are not approved for M-Pathways Financials roles that are permitted to encumber U-M funds (i.e., P-Card, eProcurement Requisitions, non-PO vouchers, etc).
How to Request a Training Waiver
Staff members with a business need for access to a system must:
- Complete the DCE101 Access and Compliance - eLearning Course.
- Sign and submit the Access and Compliance Form, which is at the end of the eLearning course, if one is not already on file.
- Ask their Unit Liaison to send an e-mail message to email@example.com. The e-mail message from the Unit Liaison must include the following:
- Name and uniqname of person for whom the training waiver is being requested
- Unit Liaison's name and phone number
- Name of course(s) for which the training waiver is requested
- Business reason for requesting this waiver