BusinessObjects WebI Update - May 2011
On Monday, May 16, 2011, ITS successfully updated the current version of BusinessObjects WebI.
This new version retains all the functionality of the current version; delivers Query-on-Query, folded breaks, and input controls; and supports Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4.0. It also fixes some bugs, including slowness when using Save As, hanging reports, and intermittent slow performance of some reports.
What You Need to Do
- Move your public reports to the new folder. Due to a folder permissions issue, all folders in the User Shared folder have been moved to a subfolder called 0 Copy From Here by August 15. The same is true for the Interim Unit-Maintained folder. As soon as possible after May 16, you should:
- Recreate your original folders under User-Shared and Interim Unit-Maintained.
- Copy the reports contained in the 0 Copy From Here by August 15 subfolders to your newly created folders. For detailed instructions, see InfoView: Manage Folders and Documents.
- Recreate shortcuts: If you use shortcuts, you will need to recreate them after the upgrade.
- Review user-created reports: After May 16, please review any reports you run which are not UM-Maintained Reports to make sure they return the expected results.
- Review scheduled reports: After the upgrade, check the settings of your scheduled reports to verify that they will run correctly.
Documentation on changes in the new BusinessObjects version is available in My LINC.
Plan to join us in June for a BITV episode on What's New in BusinessObjects WebI. A recording of the episode will be available for on-demand viewing via the BITV web page in My LINC.
For Assistance, Questions or Help
Contact the ITS Service Center:
(734)764-HELP | 4HELP@umich.edu | Submit an Online Service Request