Development Data Sets
The Development data sets contain data from the Development & Alumni Relationship Tool (DART) systems. U‐M employees in development or fundraising positions may obtain access based on if they have basic or more advanced reporting needs.
Basic Reporting Needs (DART01_Run & DART02_Run)
- Use either DART01_Run or DART02_Run to generate a list of people with a specific set of characteristics or acquire characteristics about a list of people you have selected. For example, I want to see demographic data for Chicago Alumni who played Lacrosse and have a wealth capacity score of one million or more.
- DART01_Run: Does not contain every field available in DART. It is intended to be a tool for easy querying. Run basic reports with options similar to EIS/FlexQuery from predefined reports/queries. Note: There are prompts/values that can be entered.
- DART02_Run: Contains a larger data set than DART01_Run. For example, DART01_Run contains the current primary address. DART02_Run contains all addresses, including former addresses.
Advanced Reporting Needs (DART01_Create)
- Run moderate to complex predefined reports/queries about people and/or organizations from DART (select U‐M employees in development or fundraising positions).
- DART01_Create: Does not contain every field available in DART. It is intended to be a tool for easy querying. Create your own original reports/queries from scratch or modify predefined reports/queries choose from available data similar to options that were in EIS/FlexQuery.
Advanced Reporting Needs (DART02_Create)
- Create your own original reports/queries from scratch or modify predefined reports/queries choose from complete set of data available from the DART Data Warehouse (select U‐M employees with highly complex reporting needs).
- DART02_Create: Functional replacement for DV01 (legacy DAC BusinessObjects universe). This universe is intended for moderate to highly complex reporting and querying. This is the complete set of data available from the DART Data Warehouse.
For training and access requirements, see the DART Access & Training Descriptions for Development.
The data set is generally available 4 a.m.-11 p.m., except when the data is being refreshed. Refer to the Refresh Information for specific refresh times.
Legacy Development/Alumni Constituent (DAC) Data Set
Contains degree, demographic, gift, pledge, and prospect tracking data for all alumni and donors who were included on the Development Alumni Constituent mainframe system. This data set was previously used to produce alumni publication mailing labels, analyze giving trends, track pledge fulfillment and donor history, and identify groups for alumni activities and events. This data set was last updated March 15, 2012 and is no longer being updated.