Creating New/Ad Hoc Reports From the U-M Data Warehouse
The U-M Data Warehouse provides data sets that contain reformatted data for ad hoc queries; i.e., new queries which users define and write to obtain data to meet a specific need. The data comes from the M-Pathways systems, the Development/Alumni Constituency System, and the legacy administrative data systems.
The Data Area pages have more information about the data sets, data dictionaries, and other data reporting documents.
- Users can write an ad hoc query using a data set alone or in combination with other data sets in the Data Warehouse.
- BusinessObjects is the software application that is supported by ITS for creating ad hoc reports.
- In addition to reports created from ad hoc queries, predefined reports are also available, which can be run as written or modified to meet special needs.
- Access to specific data sets is restricted to authorized individuals.
- Data query experts: Adhoc reports using effective dating may need SQL replicated.