BusinessObjects: Windows Workstation Requirements
BusinessObjects XI 3.1 is compatible with the ITS-supported Windows browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer (IE) 10 and 11, and Firefox. If it does not function properly on your workstation, there may be some adjustments necessary.
Required IE Browser Settings
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 should be set Compatibility View from IE’s Tools menu.
- Add the BusinessObjects’ root Web server as a trusted site.
The URL is: https://businessobjects.umich.edu
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11:
- Under Security Settings > Custom Level, enable the following:
- File download
- Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone (this turns off the trusted sites pop-up window)
- Under Internet Options > Advanced settings
- Verify that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is NOT checked
- Verify that Enable Enhanced Protected Mode is NOT checked
- Follow the Windows: XI 3.1 Browser Settings document for detailed step-by-step instructions.
- BusinessObjects only supports the 32-bit version Internet Explorer 10 & 11 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe).
Java Plug-in Information (for Full-Access WebI Users Only)
Full-access WebI users require a Java plug-in. Java 7 is supported for all ITS-supported browsers although Java 8, while not officially supported by BusinessObjects XI 3.1, functions properly as well.
If you don't have a Java plug-in already, the plug-in will be downloaded the first time you run BusinessObjects XI 3.1.
For some versions of Java, a screen of maize and blue graphics displays when you create or run a BusinessObjects report. To fix this problem:
- Navigate to the Control Panel > Java.
- In the Java Control Panel, click the Advanced tab.
- Look for Mixed code (sandboxed vs trusted) security verification
- Check the second radio button, Enable – hide warning and run with protections.
- Click Apply then click OK to close the Java Control Panel.
For Assistance, Questions or Help
Contact the ITS Service Center:
(734) 764-HELP | 4HELP@umich.edu | Submit an Online Service Request