Information for Support Group Administrators
The primary responsibilities of a Support Group Admin are to:
- Monitor group efficiency and effectiveness, taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Manage your group membership and availability.
- Ensure records are handled in accordance with the Service Management Operating Level Agreement
- Manage workflow according to service management processes.
You may also have internal procedures that require additional responsibilities.
Administering Access for Your Group
You are responsible for managing your support group membership. To add, delete or update your group members, you will need use the ITSM and OARS systems.
Manage Support Group Membership (step-by-step procedure)
More information on Administering Access >>
Operational and Service Level Agreements
Service Level Management will not be ready for the May 2011 release, therefore Support Group Admins will not receive notifications when certain Service Level Requirements are exceeded. In the interim, Support Group Admins can check aging records using ITSM Reports.
More information on Running Reports >>
Your Role in..
The Support Group Admin plays a critical oversight role in the Incident Management Process. You are responsible for:
- The appropriate assignment of open incidents
- Ensuring incidents are resolved as quickly as possible, adhering to resolution targets
- Ensuring appropriate Knowledge Management articles and Problem Investigations are created from incidents
The Support Group Admin plays a critical oversight role in the Problem Management Process. You are responsible for:
- Working with the Problem Coordinator(s) to help identify a Problem Assignee in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure support group members are actively working Problem and Known Error records to determine the root cause and associated workarounds/resolutions where appropriate.
- Identify and communicate Problem records that are classified unresolvable in a timely manner to the assigned Problem Coordinator.
The Support Group Admin plays a critical oversight role in the Change Management Process. You are responsible for:
- Conducting periodic reviews to ensure that change requests to be coordinated by your group are accurately recorded and completed in a timely manner.
- When the Change Coordinator is unknown, ensuring that a Change Coordinator gets assigned to your change requests.
The Support Group Admin plays a critical oversight role in the Knowledge Management Process. You are responsible for:
- Monitoring Knowledge Document reviews
- Managing update requests for documents that your group authors
For More Information
For additional formation on your role, refer to the Toolkit for Support Group Administrators.
For Assistance, Questions or Help
Contact the ITS Service Center:
(734)764-HELP | 4HELP@umich.edu | Submit an Online Service Request