Operate Phase - Process Improvement
The Operate phase represents the day-to-day management of the new or redesigned process.
- Ensures process compliance
- Drives production support
- Addresses ongoing process-user knowledge and skills needs
- Generates process verification activities
Click image to see process flow more closely
Presentation: The Operate Phase Explained (~4 min)
Watch this brief presentation to learn more about the Operate phase.
Related ITS Methodologies
- Process Verification Action Plan
Refer to the plan documented during Implement for when and how to conduct process data collection and analysis.
- Process Models
Consider current process models and whether the process is successfully producing expected outcomes. Process models are used and updated throughout a process improvement project, as well as throughout the lifecycle of a process when it is periodically reviewed. See Document & Analyze phase for process model templates and references.
- Process Verification Findings Discussions with Process Team, Performers, and Process Managers
Meet with process influencers-- process team members, process performers, and process managers--after an operational analysis to share findings and discuss both successes and failures. It is important to maintain process transparency. Timely, open communication and ongoing awareness efforts are a key factor to future progress.