The Performance Support Methodology defines the design process for developing instructional support materials, such as job aids, communications and course materials. The methodology applies to all learning development situations, including:
- Course development and maintenance
- Communication needs
- Business process documentation
- System functionality documentation
Identify what subject needs to be trained and who needs the training.
- Identify project resources
- Assess constraints
- Create project plan for performance support design, development and implementation
- Review tasks and identify sub-tasks.
- Prioritize tasks to be addressed via performance support.
- Determine performance support activities necessary to support audience needs for each task.
- Construct learning objectives for each task to be trained, including the behavior (task statement), measurement, condition and standards.
- Determine the assessments to be used to evaluate the learner’s mastery of the objectives.
- Determine the program sequence and structure to ensure the learning objectives are met.
- Determine what instructional and support materials will be provided to ensure the most effective training.
- Determine the presentation and application methods to be used.
Tools & Templates