Improvements Made to Business Objects
We are pleased to announce some improvements in BusinessObjects. The tool was updated over the weekend with 4.2 SP3 Patch 6. Some of the changes are:
- Restore Reports with the Recycle Bin. Accidentally deleted reports can now be restored. After you delete report and refresh the page, a Recycle Bin will appear on the lower left of the Documents page between Folders and Search. Note: If you accidentally delete a report in a unit-maintained folder, please contact the ITS Service Center.
- New functionality in HTML mode. Rather than switching to the applet, you can now do the following in HTML mode:
- Create a subquery.
- Create reports that use an Excel spreadsheet as a data source.
- Set up conditional formatting to highlight specific values in a report.
- Improvements in exporting to Excel.
- Bug fixes, including correcting an issue with scheduling on the 31st day of the month.
FOR ASSISTANCE OR QUESTIONS
Contact the ITS Service Center:
Mon–Thurs, 7 a.m.–7 p.m. | Fri, 7 a.m.–6 p.m. | Sun, 2–7 p.m.
-- Chat (Mon–Fri, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.)
-- 734-764-HELP (764-4357)
-- Submit a Service Request Online
To: BusinessObjects users
CC: Unit Liaisons
From: Information and Technology Services <ITS-Inform@umich.edu>
Subject: Improvements Made to Business Objects
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017