M-Pathways SA/HRMS Database Split and ODS Retirement
The Wolverine Access M-Pathways Student Administration and Human Resource Management System (SA/HRMS) is undergoing several changes in 2013. These changes require a service interruption and will impact faculty, staff and students in several ways.
Service Interruption Information
- M-Pathways SA/HRMS will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. Thursday, May 30 to 7:00 a.m. Monday, June 3.
- During the outage:
- Wolverine Access Faculty Business, Student Business, Employee Self-Service, Manager Desktop, and Time Approval will also be unavailable. Note: CTools will remain available.
- Paychecks will not be viewable. Monthly-paid employees can view their May 31 paychecks starting Friday, May 24 through 5 p.m. May 30, and again after the outage. Biweekly-paid employees can view their May 31 paychecks beginning on Wednesday, May 29 through 5 p.m. May 30, then after the outage at 7 a.m. June 3.
- The HE Operational Data Store (HEODS) reporting database will be available to view or report on data during the SA/HRMS database outage, although the data will be current only through 5 p.m. May 29. The data sets in the DataWarehouse will be available during the outage.
- If someone new to U-M will need to get a uniqname, MCommunity Directory profile, and computing services access during the SA/HRMS database outage, it must be done prior to the service interruption by sponsoring the person for early access. Read more about the MCommunity impacts.
- Reporting Options:
- The HE Operational Data Store (HEODS) reporting database will be available to view or report on data during the SA/HRMS database outage, although the data will be current only through 5 p.m. May 29.
- BusinessObjects and the data sets in the U-M Data Warehouse will also be available for reporting during the outage, although the data will not be refreshed during the outage. For a list of data sets that will also skip the May 30 refresh, refer to the impacts for Staff with access to M-Pathways SA/HRMS.
Impacts on individuals who use Wolverine Access M-Pathways SA/HRMS systems
The M-Pathways changes will affect users differently, depending on their work and how they use the system. Click the links below for details about the impacts during the outage and after the changes are completed.
M-Pathways Changes Effective 7 a.m, Monday, June 3, 2013
- The M-Pathways SA/HRMS production database (HEPROD) will be split into separate Student Administration and Human Resources Management systems. M-Pathways operational users will separately access the SA system for student-related activities and the HRMS system for human resources-related activities.
- The Access and Compliance form must be completed annually for all operational users of M-Pathways administrative systems. Previously this was a one-time step for most operational systems, and it is completely new for Faculty Business. It will not be required for self-service access such as Student Business and Employee Self-Service.
- The HE Operational Data Store (HEODS) reporting database will be retired and its reports moved into the applicable production environments.
Note: In April 2013, the Financials ODS (FINODS) will also be retired and technology upgrades for database software and servers will be applied to the M-Pathways Financials system (FINPROD). Learn more about the M-Pathways Financials system outage and FINODS retirement.
Reasons and Benefits
- Enable reporting in production environments without affecting transactional activity.
- Consistently manage Administrative Data Access and Compliance.
- Fulfill a vendor mandate to ensure continued vendor support.
- Save costs by decommissioning reporting databases.
All communications regarding the database split and ODS retirement can be viewed in the communications archive.