Recruiting and Admissions Advisory Group
The Recruiting & Admissions Advisory Group provides a forum for schools and colleges to have input into the processes of recruiting and admissions. This advisory group is currently known as ASP (Admitting Systems Production group).
A school/college admitting office representative chairs the Recruiting and Admissions Advisory Group on a rotating basis. The chairperson is elected every two years.
The membership consists of representatives from each of the admitting offices on campus. Participation from other central and campus offices is encouraged. The current membership includes:
- School of Information: Veronica Falandino (chair), Alissa Talley-Pixley
- School of Music, Theatre, and Dance: Laura Hoffman, Emily Perryman
- School of Education: Jessica Mason, Lyonel Milton
- Law School: Sabrina Ervin
- Rackham: Shih-Wen Wu, Jody Misiak, Maia Bergman, Monique Washington
- College of Engineering: Felicia Becker (Graduate), Caroline Harris (Undergraduate transfers)
- Ross School of Business Adminsitration: Douglas Thomas, Scott Berkley, Blair Moody Rideout, Robert Norris
- School of Dentistry: Pattie Katcher, Lyn Yenkel
- Medical School: Sandra Davis
- School of Public Health: Adam Ancira
- Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning: Meghan Lee
- School of Social Work: Michelle Gorton
- College of Pharmancy: Antoinette Hopper, Mark Nelson
- Office of Undergraduate Admissions: Sally Lindsley, Clark Brigger, Lynn Pruitt, Dria Howlett
- School of Art: Karina Moore
- Health Informatics: Meghan Genovese
- Registrar's Office: Vera Hernandez
- ITS: Christopher Rodgers, Elaine Nowak
People, who are not current representatives, can request to be placed on the agenda to raise a specific issue. To request to be placed on an agenda, the person should contact the chairperson stating the specific issue to be addressed.
To help promote and ensure the effective administration and implementation of recruiting and admissions at the University of Michigan by:
- Providing a forum for open dialog on overall recruiting and admissions processes.
- Seeking input from and representing the needs of recruiting and admissions stakeholders throughout the University community.
- Identifying potential areas of improvement in the overall recruiting and admissions process.
- Reviewing the impact of policy issues on business processes
- Providing input to and making recommendations regarding system-related enhancements.
- Providing input to and making recommendations regarding manual process enhancements.
- Sharing best practices within the group and with other recruiting and admissions stakeholders throughout the University community.
- Communicating the group's activities and discussions with other stakeholders throughout the University community.
The Recruiting and Admissions Advisory Group meets twice a month.
- An email group of the members of this Advisory Group has been created for contact purposes. The email group is email@example.com.
- An agenda is distributed prior to each meeting using the email group.
- Minutes of each meeting are kept. The minutes may be shared with the Student Unit Liaisons and/or posted on the ITS Web site.