Enterprise Systems Access
ITS provides enterprise administrative and data systems that support teaching and learning, research, and patient care. Access to enterprise data—including sensitive and private/confidential data—is based on the need for access and agreement to appropriately use the information resources.
Before Requesting Access
Understand your responsibilities to appropriately protect sensitive institutional data, learn about relevant government regulations and university policies when working with such data; and formally agree to your responsibilities.
It is important to remove access when there is no longer a business need for it. Departments and units are expected to initiate removal of administrative, elevated, and departmental access as part of the university's off-boarding process, whether the person leaves the university entirely or just leaves a role or job within it. For details, see
- View Access Request Status (summary view). Check the status of a person's access requests.
- View Unit Liaison and Other Authorized Signers. See a list of Unit Liaisons and Alternate Signers for your department.
- View Training History List the courses in MyLINC that a person has completed. U-M managers can track the assigned training and training transcripts of their direct reports using functionality in My LINC. For instructions, see Using Manager Mode - Step-by-Step Procedure System and Module Descriptions.
- UHR Procedure: 201.40 Termination of Employment. This procedure includes a link to the Termination Checklist, which is of use whether a person leaves the university entirely or just leaves a role or job within it.
- ITS System and Module Descriptions Three systems provide M-Pathways data: Financials, Human Resource Management System (HRMS), and Student Administration. This page describes the M-Pathways systems and the modules within these systems. It also describes the corresponding data sets in the U-M Data Warehouse, which provides convenient access to the data in a reporting environment.
- Role Descriptions. View your own access roles and search OARS for roles, courses, requests, and user security information.
- Course Descriptions. View descriptions of courses related to access and search OARS for roles, courses, requests, and user security information.
- BusinessObjects. An overview of BusinessObjects Web Intelligence (WebI) along with instructions for accessing it and related links.
- Sensitive Data Guide. This guide helps you make informed decisions about where to safely store and share sensitive data using IT services available on the U-M Ann Arbor campus.
- Install VMware View Client. For use with MyDesktop. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) replaced Citrix (M-Pathways and DAC EIS Remote Access) for connecting to virtual desktops.
- Web Browser & Operating System Support. Provides information about the supported Windows and Macintosh operating systems and browsers for the web-based administrative applications that ITS manages.